“Attorney Brent Wisner, representing plaintiffs Alva and Alberta Pilliod, played video testimony of Monsanto corporate spokesman William Reeves in court Monday, in which he acknowledged Monsanto executives had exchanged text messages with regulators who sat on a U.S. Environmental Protection Agency committee that found glyphosate, the main ingredient in Roundup, is not carcinogenic for humans.The Pilliods’ legal team hopes these email and text exchanges will be enough evidence of collusion between Monsanto and the EPA to delay a review by the Agency for Toxic Substances and Disease Registry, a public health agency connected to the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.”
Good question being: How was Roundup approved before a toxicology study was done?
What does the EPA and FDA actually do?
This article was posted on zerohedge and the best comment I saw was:
Cozy? More like incestuous.
Just a few of the Monsanto/US.gov tentacles:
• Bush Sr. appointed Clarence Thomas, a Monsanto attorney, to the Supreme Court.
• John Ashcroft, Baby Bush's attorney general, was a top recipient of Monsanto contributions.
• Donald Rumsfeld, his secretary of defense, was president of Searle Pharmaceuticals, owned by Monsanto.
• Tommy Thompson, secretary of Health & Human Services under the Shrub, had a long history of supporting Monsanto.
• Ann Veneman, Secretary of Agriculture under the Bush, was on the board of directors of Calgene, an affiliate of Monsanto.
• Linda J. Fisher, former Monsanto official, appointed by Baby Bush to be second-in-command at EPA.
• Stansfield Turner, former Director of the CIA was a member of the Monsanto Board of Directors.
• Earle H. Harbison former president of Monsanto was a CIA officer for 19 years.
• Bill Clinton appointed Monsanto exec Michael Taylor to head FDA.
• Obama appointed Monsanto vice president and lobbyist Michael Taylor to head the FDA, again.
• Obama then appointed Roger Beachy to head the National Institute of Food and Agriculture (NIFA). He came from the Danforth Foundation, a research group founded and funded by Monsanto.
• Trump appointed Aurelia Skipwith, former executive at Monsanto, to direct the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service (FWS).
• 2016 - Trump appoints Congressman Mike Pompeo to head CIA. In April of 2014, Pompeo introduced the bill that would become The Dark Act, banning states from passing laws mandating GMO labeling on food.